Social Services Agency

Filing A Complaint With OC Social Services Agency

Difference Between Filing a Complaint with the Office of Independent Review (OIR) and the Orange County Social Services Agency:

The Office of Independent Review (OIR): The OIR is an independent entity that ensures transparency and accountability within five county agencies, including the Social Services Agency. It focuses on identifying systemic issues and specific incidents that pose high risks and potential liabilities. If you would like to file a complaint with the OIR Click Here. 

The Social Services Agency (SSA): The SSA delivers services that impact the health, safety, and well-being of children, disabled adults, seniors, and families. They encourage feedback to improve service quality and address any concerns.

How to File a Complaint with the Orange County Social Services Agency:

To ensure all complaints are thoroughly investigated, go to the OCSSA-Contact Us webpage and select the type of complaint:

  1. AccessOC:

    Visit AccessOC: Use AccessOC to send your questions, suggestions, complaints, and compliments directly to the SSA staff who can help you. 


  2. Civil Rights Complaints:

    Visit the Civil Rights Page: This page provides information about Civil Rights and Appeals, including how to request a hearing and file a discrimination complaint. 

    Civil Rights Complaints

  3. Request for Records

    Visit the Request for Records Page: Learn about the release of records or disclosure of client information, subject to existing federal, state, and county regulations. A subpoena must be personally served on the Custodian of Records. 

    Request for Records

If you have any questions or need assistance with the complaint process, please contact the Orange County Social Services Agency directly. For more detailed information on the complaint process, visit the Orange County Social Services Agency's complaint process webpage here.